My name is Dave Briglio and I’m the new commissioner of Kelly Post Girls' Lacrosse.
I have coached girl’s lacrosse since 2007 (K-12) & currently serve as the Towson High School JV Lacrosse Coach. Lacrosse has been a big part of my life 30 years, and since moving to Maryland 7 years ago it’s become an even bigger part of my life. I have served as a Girls’ Commissioner and on other recreation council and high school boards as well. I am US Lacrosse and Positive Coaching Alliance certified, and I now train other coaches as part of the US Lacrosse Coaching Development Program. But more importantly for you and your daughters, I have seen how important youth lacrosse was for my 4 daughters (now 13, 16, 18 & 21) to grow into strong young women. So, I would like to share some of the key parts of my approach to the Game and as Commissioner:
If it’s not fun, why are we here?...
- Players of all levels of skill and interest will know they have a “home” here.
- Coaches will get trained & supported so lacrosse is their favorite part of the day.
- Parents will get the info they want & need, so the season seems like “play time” to them too.
*We can have fun, AND push each other to new levels of excellence…
- Kevin Atkinson, one of the finest girls' lacrosse coaches/trainers will be Director of Coaching. He wants to give back to Kelly Post, and is committed to every player and coach.
- Kevin’s new/expanded program will be season-long & mandatory but won’t take coaches away from their players and homelife…I PROMISE!
- I remember how scared I was to start coaching, and I am so thankful for the training & support I was given 12 years ago that made my daughters’ youth sports experience amazing for me too.
It’s more than teamwork, it’s about community…
- Since moving 800 miles to Towson, it’s been easier for me to help without feeling like I just took on a second job. That's been a huge favor that I need to return. So, we’ll limit and “share the load” among those who want to help.
- We have some great communication tools (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram) at our disposal to help with carpools and dealing with weather. We’ll use them more, so the stress of getting to lacrosse won’t spoil the fun.
- Also expect to see/hear about a lot of cooperation and collaboration with the boys’ program, so every family benefits more from KP Lacrosse.
Thank you again for having being part of the program, and please keep your calendars open for:
- Registration: early September
- Evaluations: early October
- Open Membership Meeting: late October.
In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be a coach or Board member.
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEERING SIGN-UP GENIUS